Sunday, March 13, 2005

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, after a week of my husband having surgery, having a nasty cold, gathering things for my run for school board, Friday was my BIG day for the National Register.

I drove to Springfield, Illinois for the presentation. I brought my laptop, my runny nose and ringing ears, and my "back-up" disc of photos. I was fifth in line, which was nice, because I could see how other people were doing it before I had to. The council had about 13 people on it, and their professions ranged from historians, to architects, to archaeologists, to geologists. It was AWESOME (if I wasn't soooooo sick).

I had 10 minutes to show off my color photos, and after that the council asked me some pretty basic questions, and then they discussed among themselves, and voted.

So, in 30-60 days, the National Park Service makes it official, and our home is placed among the others that are recognized! I'm sooooooooo happy! :)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Jocelyn said…

    Good for you Lisa- congratulations! Your house is lovely.

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Thank you very much! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home