Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Exterior Paint

Well, considering the amount of debt we have from remodeling the place, we have decided that the roof and siding will have to wait about 10 years, so we can financially recover.

In the meantime, we figured we'd repair the really bad boards, and repaint to house to protect it. It's been stained about 15 years ago, so in some spots, the wood has become exposed. The roof will either stand as-is, or I might take a shot at re-roofing myself, since I'm not afraid of heights.

I was at behr and experimented with a few colors. I think I like this the best:

The paint scheme we want Posted by Hello

Then, I may also add in some light beige accents, but that will be decided after the rest of the paint is up. The pink will go at the top (where is is brown right now), and to bring out the bands of saw-tooth shingles, I'll probably paint those the moss color.

We're lucky, this home was scraped and sand-blasted the last time it was painted. So, there's no scraping or peeling to deal with, just a thorough power-wash should do.

Geez, March just started, and I'm already planning the summer projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home