Friday, March 04, 2005

Busy Weekend Ahead

This weekend Karl and I will be working on replacing our side door (we use it as the main entrance) with one of the stained glass panels we got from Ebay. I think Karl may be able to work at the rate of one door a weekend.

To prepare for the fitting of a new door, I will have to chisel a new opening for a more modern lockset, replace the worn threshold, strip the paint off the hinges, and most likely tackling any new problems sure to come up during this. You know how it is, you think you're working on one simple project, and it explodes to an all out remodeling nighmare.

Also, I haven't received a call back yet, but I'll either desparately search for someone to make slides, or make a powerpoint presentation, or... if I get my way, make a slideshow presentation on my laptop to present to the National Register next Friday. Please keep your fingers crossed, it would be awesome to have this home go on the Register. Only one week left! That is a busy day, because after I go to Springfield in the morning for this, I have to be back, change clothes, and go to a fundraiser for Speaker Hastert where Zell Miller will be speaking.

Lastly, I have to work on my campaign for school board. Since this is my first run for public office, I'm going over the top with working on it. I have to speak at a PTA meeting, I'm holding a "meet the candidate" breakfeast, I have to order the voter list for Wyoming Township, and mail postcards. I also will be taking out ads in the local paper, and going door to door. The County Treasurer is my campaign manager, and another person from Speaker Hastert's campaign office is working on this with me.

Whew! I have to go take a nap now, lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home