Friday, February 18, 2005

Spring is almost here!

Today, I ventured outside to check the "grounds". Even though it's only 25 outside, the snow that had hung around for so long is gone, so I thought I would take a look around.

Much to my amazement, my "naked ladies" (yes, they really are called that), my tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths are all poking through the ground. Wow, that seems sooo early. I planted hundreds of pink and white bulbs in the fall, and I do not notice any of them, I sure hope they come up. I have to laugh because I'm already forcing all those bulbs from the basement inside, and here all my plants are coming up outside!

I'm sure everyone is also receiving TONS of plant catalogs like me, so I wonder who can resist not buying at least SOME plants? Last year, I got kiwi vines, dwarf cherry trees, roses, grapes, and wisteria vines, along with other perennials I can't remember. This year, I've aleady purchased a paw paw tree (I couldn't help it), begonias (picotee), and cascading begonias for the porch.

If I can get all these plants to survive, I just might have a botanical garden! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home