Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Update

Well, I'm all set to present to the National Register of Historic Places on March 11th. Anyone who reads this, please keep your fingers crossed! I would very much love to have this home on the register, as I have worked soooo hard on it, and (almost in a psychotic fashion) consider it apart of our family. Too bad they don't offer grants in restoring properties they list, because I ran out of money to do anything else to it for at least five years! :)

Anyways, I'm going to be very busy. I'm also running for school board (as a republican), and the election in on April 5th. It's a contested election, so I really have to make an effort to be noticed, since I am the newbie to town.

I'm done with the stenciling, and hopefully I'll have the pictures up in about a week, I keep forgetting about the digital camera at the office, and it will take that long for me to remember to bring it home!

I also hired a lawn service to come to our lot during this year. The lawn has seen better days, and although I have spent two years "fixing" it, it could use some professional help. And, I found out that my bulbs I've been storing in the basement forced themselves, so right now I'm enjoying over a dozen pink and white hycinths, and it took no effort! Yay! Now, if all those plants I put in last year come back this spring, I'll think I have a green thumb! :)

So, that's it for now, I'll post again probably when I take pics of the stenciling, and with the verdict of the National Register.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home