Monday, January 03, 2005

First Blog Post

I'm new to this blogging concept, but I figured that with all of the remodeling we are doing in our home, this would be an excellent outlet for me to share our "trials and tribulations"

We've done so much to this home already, that I'm a tad disappointed I haven't developed a blog in the beginning. There's still plenty to do, and we're a busy family besides, so I'll get some use out of it! :)

Currently, we are trying to get this house on the National Register. It's really involved, and to me seems like a long shot. However, I've submitted some of the paperwork, and I'm waiting to hear from the SHPO's (state historic preservation officer) assistant, on how well/bad I did. I'm also waiting rather impatiently on some quadrangle maps I ordered from the state for the property. I also have to find a camera store that can specially develop black and white film, because the Register will not take "one hour photos".

The other thing that we've done in the past week is get an 8x11 foot flokati rug for the front room. I've repainted this room four times, and I've never been happy with the look. Perhaps I need therapy! Anyway, I like this new silver/blue color it is now, and I felt that the addition of this white rug would pull the room together. I've had compliments from people so far, so that's a good sign. Here's a pic:



Flokati rugs are made from wool, and were/are popular in Greece. I thought it would give a rich exotic look to the already semi-formal room.

See, I'm already blabbing away, I'll love this whole "blog" thing!



2 Comments:

  • At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great house! I'd love to see more exterior photos. Also, pictures of your neighborhood would give great context.

    -- john
    [ http://www.lestercat.net/house/ ]

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Thanks! The blog is to supplement our "before & after" website we have, and I have exterior photos there: www.pawpawvictorian.com.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home