Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cherry Trees

The cherry trees are approaching six years old. We've never had more than a handful of cherries but they sure put on a great flower show:


I've looked into many possibilities on why the trees don't produce. I think it could be any of these theories: One tree flowers too late in comparison to the other, no honeybees in the area, frost, or that the trees are still too young. This year, if there is an impending frost I will cover them with bedsheets over night to try and eliminate that theory. Stay tuned...





Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Lisa Kaye said…

    Hi Lisa,

    Way back in 2005 you wrote the below comment regarding insuring a fixer-up on someone else's blog and I find I'm now in the same situation. I'm buying a fixer with knob and tube wiring and can't figure out how to get it insured WHILE we're re-wiring and getting the other refurbishing done. Do you have ANY tips for me???? You can respond to lisakaye.evergreen (at) yahoo.com. (Yep, I'm a Lisa too!) Thanks! And by the way, your home is stunning!

    Lisa Zeimetz had this to say on 02.21.05:
    I feel bad about your insurance situation. Since we are restoring our home also, but have the advantage to owning a State Farm agency, I’ll talk to my husband about any tips he might be able to recommend. Alot of times, the agent just doesn’t want to deal with it, but there are ways to get a property like your insured (we insure worse, trust me!), and you just have to know how to present it. I’ll post another comment if I find a way for you! :) Now we have a blog: www.pawpawvictorian.blogspot.com

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Jaydub said…

    Just stumbled across your blog. That is a great old house, nice job on the renovations!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home