Tuesday, December 20, 2005

That #$!#%@$ Stove!

We didn't have this problem with the first stove's chimney.

Our new stove has an "angle" to the projection into the house. It is like this because the "tee support" was an assmbled part, leaving room for error in the alignment when attaching the tee to the house. I mean, it actually SLIDES on purpose. I suppose it could be a benefit to some installers, but not to us.

If it wasn't for the fact it's -5 outside, I'd take a photo to show how the rest of the chimney looks. It's not going to affect the saftey, for everything's bolted, but it LOOKS BAD, both inside and out.

You can see the angle at the elbow.

stupidstoveangled (1)

So, that's our project to fix!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger JB said…

    Holy cow I hope you get it fixed soon!!!

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Angry Republican Mom said…

    Well, now the problem is bacause I didn't install the horizontal chimney length right. One of the "grooves" that connect the pipes together didn't go in. You couldn't tell from the ground.

    So, I have to shut that stove down until tomorrow. I kicked on the central heat.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Angry Republican Mom said…

    Ack! I just turned the heat off. I got my gas bill, and it cost me $115 just to run the furnace for ONE DAY.

    Jesus, when they said gas prices were going up, they were NOT kidding.

    I'm sooooo not joking about my bill. My stove can survive one more night the way it is.

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Gary said…

    Raise the stove. Use some bricks, concrete slabs or ceramic tiles. It's a shame the stove doesn't have legs because it doesn't look out of place to have half bricks under each leg.

    The alternative is to lower the walls and ceiling......

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Gary said…

    Actually, I looked at the previous post and see the angle better. You need a 1' length of stovepipe attached to that 90 degree angle. No need to level the house and rebuild it....

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Angry Republican Mom said…

    Well, I got it fixed. Karl went up on the ladder and I didn't seat the connectors right.

    Oh well, that's what you get for not having a "spotter" sometimes on the other side. I guess it could have been bad, since there were scorch marks just coming out of where it wasn't connected.

    So, after having an upstairs full of CO this morning, it's fixed and up and running again.

    I'd post another photo, but it looks like the others, just straight.

    I think it would have been easier to move the walls, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home