Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Master Bedroom

Here is another room I don't really care about. I know in most families, the parents usually take the largest room, but we opted to take the smallest, since the kids make more use of all the space in the other rooms. I also didn't want to spend too much money, so I did this on the cheap.

I'm obsessive when it comes to remodeling. This room has has three looks in three years.

When we moved in:

Master Bedroom: Before

The first remodel:

Master Bedroom: After

How it looks now, although you can't see how it connects to the loft where the stove is:

thirdmasterbedroom

Here's the new dressers I got.

teakdresser

They're teak, cool huh? Going for the "feng shui" look. I used Dutch Boy Granite paint in the room, a matte finish grainy sort of paint. I really like the texture. It's the texture of bar sugar. I want to make bamboo valances for the windows, and bamboo frames for the prints on the wall. I just haven't got there yet!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Kim @ Twice Remembered said…

    Very nice! I really like the way that textured paint looks. I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one that changes my mind about room designs! By the time we finish with our kitchen, it will be 3rd time we've painted it a shade of green in 2.5 years! hehe, I so understand!

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Jocelyn said…

    Looks nice Lisa. Your profile picture is tripping me out though- what's up with that ;o)

    don't tell me you like guns too! ;o)

    Merry Christmas to you!

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Jocelyn:

    Blogger only lets me have one profile, and I have my political blog that I spend more time on.

    But, ya got me... I love my guns, lolol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home