Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The guest bedroom

I've been working on the guest bedroom. We have a young lady from Germany spending July-October with us, and I'm having a blast remodeling it.

This week I have a cold, but I'm hoping to go out tomorrow to get the paint I need for the room. I usually frequent Menard's, but I have since discovered Behr paints at the Home Depot. I really like their enamels. It's true one coat coverage. I'm going to pick up a sade of lavender that compliments the bedding set I picked up.

I also want to spruce up the main bathroom a bit. That's the one room in the house we have not touched, and I think it would do some good to put up some new wallpaper (maybe) and a coat of paint. There's old laundry hook-ups in there, and I'm going to make a cover for them, so nobody has to stare at exposed plumbing. I don't want to take the pipes down, because I don't know what I want to do with the space yet.

The bathroom used to be a bedroom before indoor plumbing was installed. So, it's HUGE, with a HUGE closet. I don't need a large closet in a bathroom, so I'm toying with the idea of recessing the washer and dryer (currently in the creepy basement) in the extra space. Who wouldn't want second floor laundry!?!

I also get Architectural Digest (dream...), and I see the neatest bathrooms in there. I've been saving the pics I like, because I don't take baths (I'm a total shower person), and I'm thinking a REALLY large shower would be great.

Anyways, that's a long way off, unless I win the lottery sometime soon. Sigh...

3 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Lynette said…

    If you have a huge bathroom and aren't fussed about having a bath, how about turning it into a shower room? I stayed at a hotel in SriLanka once which had this. It had one of those huge watering-can style shower heads which dropped straight down from the ceiling. The floor was gently angled with a plug and the walls were either far enough away to not worry about or (the only wall within splashing distance) was tiled. It was a great feeling to be able to take a shower without being shut in a confined space.

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    That would be PERFECT!

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    my dad has one of these. they are awesome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home