Monday, June 20, 2005

Scratch that item off my wishlist!

A while back ago, I posted that it would be so awesome to put a taxidermy peacock in our home. I couldn't afford it, so I figured it was something that I'd dream about.

Well, my mother purchased it for me as an anniversary present (thanks Mom!!!), and I've rearranged my parlour to try to give this bird the room it needs to be showcased.

peacock 002

peacock 004

Now, I just have to ditch the very un-Victorian leather sofa, to make the room complete. But, that's for another wishlist, lolol.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Jocelyn said…

    yes, one thing leads to another and another doesn't it? But it keeps us going anyway.

    Cool peacock. I never knew anyone who had a stuffed peacock before :)

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Gary said…

    You should have made a recording of the live ones. You could play it at 5 AM for your neighbor. When the town officials show up at your door you can show them the stuffed bird and explain that your neighbor must be crazy.....
    There's your revenge!

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Gary:

    That's really funny. I might actually do that one! My husband was dying of laughter.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Kasmira said…

    I remember your first mention of the peacock and the link to the stuffed birds website. I drooled over them as well.
    Congratulations on your anniversary and your new "pet!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home