Thursday, June 09, 2005

Busy Bee

Well, everytime I go through a bad time, I have to remodel something.

Our air conditioner (in which the blower is in the attic, a UNICO system) exhaust/drain had cracked over the winter with water freezing in it. Well, the blown in insulation had soaked it up like a sponge, effectively holding all this water until it coudln't take anymore.

So, needless to say, our ceilings damaged over night. Not only that, but that cute wallpaper I just put up in our daughter's room? RUINED!

I know people say to file a claim on this, but come on. We all know that those who work on their homes can handle the damage faster than any contractor, and do a better job. So, we'll eat the cost, because I don't want to wait to have it fixed, and just to have it all fixed wrong anyway!

Here's a pic of the damage to one room:

damage2 010

So, I've decided to get busy and fix up another room (I know, dumb, but I'm so mad at that room that we just made sure to pull out the bad insulation and fix the drain, and we'll get to that stuff later.)

I redid the guest bedroom, here's a before pic:

temp 029

And the "now" pic:

damage2 006

I couldn't find a before pic of the servant's staircase, but it was blue. So, here's the "now" pic:

boysstairs 001

I'm painting the boys' room as well, so I'll post a photo when I'm finished.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jocelyn said…

    Are you Lisa or a magical genie? Can I borrow your genie for my house too? :)

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    You're too funny. It's amazing what women do when they're mad, huh? ;)

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Gary said…

    It's amazing what women do when they're mad, huh? ;)

    Speaking of 'mad", what did you do with the ARM blog? I checked it out every once in a while to see how many Californians it took to get you going. If you start it up again, you could have your entire house done by the middle of next week at this rate!

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Oh, I still have it, you have to look it up by name now, though. I only took down the link from this site.

    Right now, I have three NY'ers going balistic, and I have one Californian that regularily went bonkers. I even had a death threat from a Syrian already.

    Just doin' my job... ;)

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    hey Lisa,
    just checking in. don't forget - i am still liberal in Washington! but i feel we have too much in common and i have grown to "know" you a bit too much for blind stereotyping. (hope you feel the same). just wanted to see the progress on the house. hope all is well with the kids and that the fund is growing. if i can find it in my budget again next month, i will send more. right now, the hairy half and i are at his family's house in eastern washington. this is rural!

    a weekend away from the house is just what we needed. it can just take you over. you would know. so, once agian, i hope the kids are having fun in the sun and the house is back into repair. talk to you soon.

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Lizy:

    You guys are turning into my liberal girlfriends, lolol.

    Not all in life revolves around politics, all of my friends have different beliefs. We'd all be one boring speicies if we thought alike!

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    thanks! i am back from the in-laws. i wish i could fully unload - but you never know who could be reading this, so i will keep my feelings to myself. lets just say i was happy to get home.

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    You can always email me! karlsgoddess@yahoo.com

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home