Monday, July 04, 2005

An Honor for Our Home

Some of you may recall a post where I was researching to have our home listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Back in March, I made a presentation to the State, and I got the official nomination from the State Historic Preservation Officer. Then I had to wait to have the National Park Service accept the nomination, and place it officially on the register.

Our home was listed in the Register as the Stephen Wright House, and was entered on May 22nd, 2005.

It was alot of work, but it's worth it for obvious reasons.

Now I have to throw a party for it! :)

4 Comments:

  • At 3:04 AM, Blogger Lynette said…

    Congratulations! That's wonderful news. Does this mean you get to put a special plaque up anywhere? (I'm thinking of those blue plaques we have scattered over buildings in London that say things like "Freud lived here between X and X"

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Greg said…

    This is very cool! Congratulations! I've been working on my paperwork for what seems like forever. Actually, I done, with the write-ups, but what is really stumping me is the photos. They are very picky about the paper and development process. So far the one I know for sure meets their standards costs $14.95 a print! The state of Ca. wants 2 of every print. It adds up quickly. What sort of pictures did you supply and how were they developed?

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    That is so cool! My house is a cookie-cutter suburb house, so I'm really impressed :-D

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Greg, sorry it took so long to respond, but I too, pais a fortune to supply their pictures. I wish I could help, but it does cost $$$ for "real" b&w photos now.

    :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home