Friday, April 08, 2005

Looking for comments/advice

Ok, my friend found a puppy this afternoon, and I ended up with it. I have the fenced yard, and my dog loves everybody. This puppy looks about 12 weeks old. I called the Post Office (the big "hang out" in an 850 person village), the grocery store, and the school looking for the owners. I also made flyers for all the locations, and put an ad in the paper, although it won't be until Tuesday when it's published. So, that's the background.

Well, it looks like this puppy is ill. The belly looks swollen, and it's whining. So, I don't want to have it suffer until the owner shows up, if ever. The humane society has a bad reputation from what I understand, so I don't mind hanging on to it. I'm taking it to the vet tomorrow morning, as soon as it opens.

My question:

Is it ok that I require the owners to pay for the bill?

2 Comments:

  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Jocelyn said…

    I agree, but you can certainly ask for that- it is a fair request. But maybe it was an abandoned puppy as previous comment implied. Let us know what happens. I would probably do the same thing you are doing-hopefully the little one isn't too sick!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Greg said…

    That is a tough one. I would say expect nothing and be happy if you get something. If the owners show up you should mention what you did and spent. In a community of 850 hopefully they will feel compelled to compensate you. If they don't just be happy in knowing that you may have saved the life of this little puppy. That is ultimately worth more than money.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home