Monday, February 21, 2005

Attention Illinois Restorers!

My husband and I were thinking it would be fun to get other home renovators/restorers together for a summer picnic. Another idea we had was maybe doing once a month tours of other people's homes that are being worked on to trade disaster stories and ideas. It seems there are alot of people in Illinois doing this blog thing on their home.

So, I'm located 1.5 hours west of Chicago (although we visit all the time). If this sounds like a neat idea, or someone has a different idea, email me! karlsgoddess@yahoo.com

We're up for anything, because we host parties all summer, and any excuse we can come up with to have a good time with people who share our intrests sounds great to us!

6 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Uh oh! You guys may end up hosting Woodstick! If so, we are totally there.

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Hey, great mind think alike! House in Progress is not far from me at all (about one hour). I read that post, and Woodstick is the funniest thing I've heard! Well, we're up for hosting it, I just need a gathering of who, and a convienient date. June is always a great weather month! Hope you guys don't mind peacocks! :)

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Duh, sorry jm, I just saw YOU own the House in Progress website. I'm new to the whole blogging community, and I've just started piecing all of the housebloggers and their sites together, so sorry I"m slow on the uptake! :)

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We should just meet up at the Sandwich Antiques Fair for lunch one Sunday--it's 60 miles due west of Chicago, off of I-88, which is *really* close to you guys.

    If you've never been, Sandwich is a great (and cheap cheap CHEAP) place to hunt around for old furniture and old hardware for your home--we've bought almost all our furniture there over the past 8 years.

    In any case, count us in!

    -The Old Man and the Street

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Hey, that's a great idea. We could all meet at the Sandwich Fair on June 19th, and then meet back here starting at 2pm for food and homemade beer (Karl LOVES making beer).

    This may turn out to be a yearly thing, I didn't know about the antiques fair.

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOVE the Sandwich antique fair...haven't been in a dog's age! Want us to mention it over on Houseblogs? Maybe facilitate a way that folks could indicate interest?

    That may help get the ball rolling...

    jm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home